Monday, February 28, 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (this week anyway)

From time to time I like to share some of my favorite things.  This week I wanted to showcase four things that have made me smile recently.  


First, Mac cosmetics... my friend Shawn Berry is a Mac expert based in Little Rock's Park Plaza Mall and I finally went up one evening and let her show me some awesome stuff.  Well, I'm sold.  I don't even like to wear lipstick but I can't help it-- when I put on this Mac 'Lustre' that is a nearly nude shade it's heavenly.  I love that it really stays in place and after you smile it's not all over your teeth.  I also got some Mac Select Sheer Pressed powder and I love it too.  It's good to have a make up artist as a friend!  



Arkansas weather has been crazy.  Recently we had a warm spell and a lot of the girls pulled out their sandals.  I haven't had a pedicure in a while but I needed some quick color on my tootsies.  At the grocery I saw a "new" product by Sally Hansen called Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen.  It reminded me of those nail paint pens I used in the 1980's so I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try.  It was really cool.  Think of a paint pen but with a polish bottle's bristles.  It went on easily and has stayed nice for about a week.  Ideal for quick fixes and the snap tight cap will travel well in purses or pool go-bags.  




My Facebook friend Hannah was talking about the old TV show Quantum Leap (NBC, March 26, 1989 to May 5, 1993, for five seasons) the other day and my hubby suggested that if I wanted to see some episodes that I just watch them online.  I did some research and found that I could get to them at:  TV.com Quantum Leap Show.  


Last but certainly not least, Lipton's Vanilla Caramel Truffle black tea.  This is a great low cal after dinner treat and perfect when the temps dip at night.  Yum!!     

Hope you'll try some of these favorite things and share some of your favorites with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment